Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Why I'm Performing At All Asia tonight, April 26, 2011

On March 22, 2011, I performed my first live show in two years. My throat was scratchy and soar, and my nose was stuffed more than stockings at Christmas. My band and I had already adjusted the key of the songs I was to perform to make it easier on my voice, and if I could get through this, I could get through anything. So...I did. I had to. I had recently watched a YouTube video of Usher being booed as he left the stage in Germany because he was too sick to get through his performance. I had to keep going.

A few days later I received a call from Plectrum Entertainment, the company that booked me to perform that night, and they asked me to participate in a benefit for the Japan Disaster Relief Fund, taking place tonight, Tuesday, April 26, at 9pm, at All Asia in Cambridge, MA. And this time thankfully, I'm not sick! I had been hoping to do my part in helping the people of Japan since the massive destruction of their land on March 11, 2011.

So tonight, 100% of the proceeds from the door go to benefit Japan. Only $6 to get in.

All Asia
334 Mass Ave.
Cambridge, MA
9pm

No comments: