Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Updates Galore: Feeling very productive

Tons of updates to give you, and I'll try to put them in bullet form.

- The independent label I've been writing and producing for, for the last 10 months, is about to release their first artists' EPs (also known as short-playing album, 4-6 songs). When they are released, I will have a whole blog devoted to the label, and will tell you the name as well (I just won't know because I don't want their web-site flooded until everything is ready). But I can say it has been the most fun and rewarding experience thus far in my music career; to work with and help develop the two young artists that are signed to the label. So more on that soon...

- I was talking with producer, Ezemdi last night, and I also sent out an e-mail to my two other main producers I work with, David Saint, and Moso (Darell Scott), about getting more of our records to artists that we have a hand in developing. We will still submit records to major artists, but it feels like we have been neglecting the artists who are all around us, and who are more accessible to us. So that changed yesterday, and we will have a hand in developing many more artists very soon.

- An artist that we are developing will be going to New York in a week or two to audition for Atlantic Records.

- I just scheduled a meeting Friday morning to begin work with Recording Artist, and good friend, Ray Greene.

- I'll be redesigning the www.speakezmusic.com website within the next few weeks.

That's the bulk of it for now. Speak-EZ

- Jared

No comments: